Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips
So you have created your site, you have excellent content and functionality however you are still not getting any traffic, so where do you go from here? Well there are many tricks and tips that in a relative short period of time can help increase your ranking on Search Engines. Below we have listed a few to help you on your way to the top of Search Engines. One thing to note, when it comes to Online Gambling there is a lot of competition out there, so be prepared for slow progress, the main thing to remember is that the more you put in, the more you will get out of it. It may be a lot of work, but remember there is huge potential to make a lot of money.
- Content is King
- Exchanging Links
- Having Text Links
- Bolding or Italicizing Text
- Avoid Placing your Text in Images
- Keeping Content Fresh
One of the things that can help you rank well on Search Engines is content. The more related content you have on your site the more likely Search Engines will rank you higher. The Best kind of content you can have is original content. Although it is a lot of work to come up with your own content, it will be a definite help in the long run. The reason for this is that the Search Engines want to avoid people stealing other people's content.
How to get content for yourself
- Create content for yourself. The method is obviously the most time consuming but also the most effective
- Create a bolg. Once you have set it up, your visitors will be creating content for you, can it get any easier than that?
- Some Affiliate programs will offer you reviews that you can use for your site. It is a really easy way to get content. Remember though that they offer this to all affiliates so adding in some fresh content of your own will help.
- Adding RSS Feeds. You can find RSS feeds both from Affiliate programs and other Affiliate sites. This content will obviously not be original, but it will be constantly updating and can be very beneficial to your visitors. It also helps to ease the work load for you.
The second most important thing you can do to improve your rankings on Search Engines is to exchange links with other sites. The more links you have going to your site the more the Search Engines will take note of your site. However some links are more beneficial then others and will have more of an impact. Below are a list of things you should keep in mind when exchanging links.
- Sites with similar content will be more beneficial to you. Although all links can help, links with related content will help strengthen your sites' association with that group. Also the people visiting those sites are also the people you want visiting your site.
- The higher the PR (Page Rank) the more beneficial it will be for you. Page Rank is a way in which Google ranks web site pages. Other Search Engines also have similar ways of ranking pages. There for if you have links from high ranks pages it will be more of a help than links from low ranked pages. However it can be hard to get links from high ranked pages.
- The number of outgoing links can also change the importace of the link. If a site has a high page rank but has 300 outgoing links then the PR has to be split up with all of the links and is obviously not as valued as it would seem. A good rule of thumb is to keep your outgoing link pages below 100 links.
- One thing to keep in mind is that the more quality links to your site there are the more beneficial it will be. This is a long and ongoing process. There are places that offer thousands of links, but remember if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. You or your employees are going to have to do the grunt work here.
You will notice that a lot of web sites on the net have very nice looking graphics for there buttons. Although these may look really nice when it comes to Search Engines, having a text link will be much more beneficial. You can place 'Alt' text in images but the Search Engines will not value 'Alt' text as much as text links. So try to use text links more often that images.
Having keywords in your text is very important to the Search Engines. The amount of times these keywords show up increases your value. Note: just repeating keywords in text to try to boost your ranking may work initially, but the Search Engines know about these tricks, and may ban your site, so just avoid doing that. That being said there are some things that can help you increase the value of your keywords. By Bolding or Italicizing your text it help to make it stand out. Also be sure to use your keywords in your title, description, text links and headers.
Some site out there are extremely nice looking with excellent graphics that have been created in Photoshop, but some of them have made a big mistake when it comes to Search Engines. Search Engines can not read the text in an image, so it is important to try to avoid placing any text in an image that could be done in html.
One thing that Search Engines really like is fresh content. A site that always has fresh content will do better than a site that has not changed in a long period of time. There are many ways to do this.
- One of the easiest way to keep some fresh content is to have RSS feeds. Once you have place the RSS feed into your sites, there is nothing that you need to do and the content will update itself.
- News stories are a good way to keep content fresh. It can be a lot of work, but there is always things going on and you will always be able to add fresh content
- As mentioned before a Blog is a great way to have fresh content with little to no work